Friday, July 14, 2006

UPDATE 4: (hey-- newer news) Our 1st 50-miler!




Tacky Intruder.jpg, originally uploaded by sunspotting.

July 8. Patti's Paladins hit the road... and the road hits ME back.

This blurry little instigator is the reason my tire went flat. I was riding on my rim, it was that flat, that quick!!! I never want to forget how I was hung up on the side of the road by something as small as that! When we are on the road we are ever vulnerable. It is easy to remember to stay away from Hummers and Escalades and city busses, but these littlest objects are the things that will get us most often.

Eh, so I got a flat. In the face of all else that could have happened, not so bad, but it took up a bunch of time. Otherwise, it was a great ride. Rusty and Amanda were a gracious and generous water stop (better than water, Gatorade and oranges and trailmix! Thank you!!!) And Sam brought grapes.

It was surprising how cool the grapes stayed all day. They were so refreshing! And Sam whipped them out and shared them everytime we stopped. We ALL had some of Sam's grapes. (Wherever you are right now Sam, I know you're grinning!)

Mike Kechisen, Sam, and Mel came to the pit stop. I'm ashamed to say Rick and I were not prepared. We sure are lucky to have such good friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home