Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Dinobar.jpg


Dinobar.jpg
Originally uploaded by sunspotting.

This past Sunday marked the third week of the training schedule, and I am *finally* taking time to record our efforts. Petrochemsaurus soundussafetii simply had to be the first image of the season! My goofy plastic bike horn continues to make people smile for yet another year.

That's my goal too.

Here's my new biking slogan: "I'd like my WHINE in a glass, please. Hold the 'H'." Yeah, it's going to be a whine-free year, insofar as I can manage it!

We have been using the Cleveland Metroparks branch of the Ohio and Erie Canal Reservation (http://www.clemetparks.com/recreation/hiking/index.asp, select "Ohio and Erie Canal Reservation, and a .pdf file will open) for our early season training rides. The trail is asphalt, helpful for the riders with road bikes or easy on the bones of riders who haven't been on a bike in several months.

Next week we will merge our training with the Ohio City Bike Co-Op rides on Saturdays. Later in the month we will add our own training rides on Sundays, too. This is so the team members unable to join us on Saturdays, CAN on Sundays, and those who are able to, can do two days in a row earlier in the season than we did last year. This will certainly help me.

I am so excited! We all agree, we are all having a stronger start this year than we had last year. The learning curve is better for each of us now than it was at this point last year. So, hopefully, unlike my little dinosaur bike horn, we won't go extinct!!

1 Comments:

At 3:40 PM, Blogger Justine said...

I enjoyed the comment you left on my blog immensely, good feedback. I apologise for leaving this note in the comments, however I couldn't find an email address.
Thanks for the dyeing warnings - I promise I am incredibly careful, and one of the steps in the dyeing tutorial covers the fact that all utensils and mordants should be kept seperate. I trust you had a wonderful day of fibre-y pursuits.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home