Thursday, October 18, 2007

To Think That I Saw It On 9th Street


To Think That I Saw It On 9th St 3
Originally uploaded by sunspotting.

Such a well-dressed pachyderm! Hopefully that thick skin won't be necessary at the end of the game... But it's also satisfying to see that certain things in the world don't change. Barnum and Bailey are still pandering in order to bring in the audience!!! Of course, this elephant is a member of the Ringling Bros. Barnum and Bailey Circus, still touted as the Greatest Show on Earth. I would dispute that claim, but I'm spoiled: I live in Cleveland, where we have an amazing array of nature parks in and around our county. Can't beat that. Come to think of it, can't tazer that, either... (*grin*)

Gametime T-Minus three hours and one minute. If the Indians win, they go to the World Series. If they lose, thy go to Boston to see if they can finish it up there, and they'll have 2 chances in which to do it. And that would make it nice and exciting, but frankly, I just hope we win it tonight.

If the Indians DO win it, regardless of when or where, there will be whining in Sports Illustrated next week about a certain SI cover featuring BoSox closer Papelbon jinxing their chances. But my response to that is for Boston to review last week's SI cover. The so-called jinx didn't keep the Colorado Rockies from sweeping the D'Backs, providing their first appearance (I think, though I've been wrong before) in the World Series. Featured on last week's Sports Illustrated cover is Colorado "Ace" Jeff Francis. Note to Boston: it's a game, you poor little rich kids. Have some pie. We haven't forgotten it's a game, and it's FUN; that's what makes our team. But if you have, then you'll get your punishment, win or lose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home