Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Hmmm...

If today is any indication of the rest of the year, I'm thinking perhaps I'd like to request a do-over.

I'm still sick. That is the bad part. Here's how we tried to make it better. We went to Rick's parents' home for pork and sauerkraut dinner (also some ariscaldo and a pot of squid, because it's just not dinnertime there without some marvelous filipino dish) and antibiotics (Rick's dad is a doctor).

It's been snowing somewhat all day. Snowing and blowing. When we left home to go across town for dinner, there might have been all of 2 1/2, maybe 3 inches on the ground. When we left Mom and Dad Garcia's, however, it was a whole different story!! Almost a foot on the ground. We really weren't gone that long. Took a while to drive in it, and because I hadn't worn boots to leave the house hours before, I got snow in my shoes and socks when I got out of the car. Just like a little kid. There are already schools closing for tomorrow.

Yeah, I think a lot of people wouldn't mind a bit of do-over with this beginning! I guess it really is up to me to make the best of it. I'll do what I can!!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home