Saturday, January 12, 2008

My Husband Took Me On A Date Today

He took me to see Sweeney Todd. Exceptionally excellent movie. Just plain GOOD. The music, the costuming, the casting, the photography... all breathtaking. People singing who have never sung, at least, they've never sung in a movie role before -- just crazy GOOD.

I love this movie. I love my marvelous husband (I can't get enough of calling Rick "my husband"!!! That's just so cool.) ever more everyday, but today especially, simply for having spent the afternoon in the theater with him, watching this movie.

Did I just call this a good date movie? Yes. Yes I did. It is if you have a morbid, gothic sense of humor like we do. If you listen to Nine Inch Nails and like old school punk like The Crampps and The The and the Circle Jerks or even the newer stuff like Marilyn Manson (I love his shows), this is your romance. If you like true crime or old style pulp fiction (not the movie, although the movie was good too) or film noir mixed with Dickensian despair, then yes, this is the date movie for you. If (like me) you find yourself clinging to every episode of both Life and Pushing Daisies, this is a near-black-&-white version of a fusion of those, with a little Jack Skellington added in for culinary pleasure.

Humor, in the midst of killing and cannibalism and human suffering? Oh, yes!! Particularly in one song that speculated about the flavors that certain people would bring to the pies based on their position in society or their occupation. Hillarious. Omigod, I just LOOOOOVE this movie!!!

I am soooo in the mood for meat pies now. Just, (ahem) you know, not long pork.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! "long pork". I loved this moviet oo! Tho I didn't see it on a date (shudder) but with good girlfriends. Pretty gory but I got used to it. It was just plain gorgeous, wasn't it? and teh acting and the sets and the singing was fantastic...My fave song is also A Little Priest or whatever it's called.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home