Sunday, June 29, 2008

Spider Saga 5: Arachne's Handmaiden

I think she's laying eggs!


It's also getting windier, and she keeps going in and out of the nest. It's interesting to watch her tinker about the nest.


I guess I've decided I won't be evicting her. That's so contrary to my gut, but we've bonded now. Shared a cup of tea.


Also, this is her territory. Inside, I think I might still have different feelings. When I teach children about nature, I make it clear that we are guests when we step outside.


Besides, I'm a weaver. We're supposed to be kindred spirits (or something) (whatever; I'm a naturalist *and* an artist). I'm really trying hard to get over my phobia by confronting my fear 'Bene Geserit'-style: "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear..." from Dune, by Frank Herbert.


I'm not running screaming, but I haven't picked up my knitting, either.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home