Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Major League Support Towards NMSS


Major League Support Towards NMSS
Originally uploaded by sunspotting.

Last night I got to meet Indians great Joe Charboneau. The American League Rookie of the Year, 1980. Read more HERE.

Well, I have actually met him before, but *this* time, seeing him, I knew about his wife having MS. I wanted very much to tell him that people care about her situation, enough to do something about it. (I did get that chance.)

So, with this knowledge, I took my BikeMS Team Captain cap to see if he would sign it. That was a success. But (thankfully) in more than one way: he seemed to have been moved by my (and our team's) commitment to this cause.

So in addition to Patti and my cousin Roger and my friend River, I'll be riding for Cindy Charboneau, when we ride Pedal to the Point.

I also gave him a Patti's Paladins 'business' card, so that if he happens to be interested, he can look us up. I hope he does. I hope he and Cindy take even more strength from the strong commitment to fund raising the whole of the Buckeye region has. I also hope that this year is the strongest year yet, for us and for all teams! The stronger we can be, the better the benefit for all who suffer with this wretched disease.

So many people in all "walks" of life need this cure. It was a special (though necessarily fleeting) moment.

I'm sure it'll be one from which I'll draw strength on the day of the ride.

(BTW: I've cropped the photo so the autograph cannot be used fraudulently.)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home