Thursday, August 28, 2008

My Appliances Are Conspiring...

My phone just reminded me to watch Sen. Obama's speech tonight.


It's about as historic a moment as you can get! My dad got me hooked on historic moments when he insisted my brother and I watch Pres. Carter and "2 other old guys" (Begin and Sadat) sign "some big deal thing" (Middle East Peace Treaty!) "sometime back in the '70s". And earlier than that, Mom and Dad propped my infant self up to view the most famous One Small Step/Giant Leap.


It's an easy bet that even if the networks don't pre-empt the regular programming (we have rabbit ears, so NO, no alternatives) I'll be watching.


I don't even need a reminder.


What my phone doesn't know is that I've been listening to NPR all day. This candidate and this speech were every other topic!


It'd be neat if my phone talked to my tv. Maybe it would save me the trouble of watching it myself...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home