Sunday, August 26, 2007

Towpath bikeride today. Rick and I met Kris at Szalay's farmstand for a short ride and produce afterwards. Gorgeous day! We saw great blue herons, a white goose, some teals, Rick saw a fawn; there were abundances of wild sunflowers, Queen Anne's lace, purple loosestrife, duckweed, and water lily. Colors were just explosive. Then, fresh roasted corn at Szalay's was super yummy. Of course, the most significant thing for me about this ride was it was my first since being hit by the Chevy Suburban the week after our wedding. Yes, that's right: I got on my bike again. I RODE!!! True, not in traffic. Give me time. It's only my second time touching the handle bars, FIRST time NOT bursting into tears. I'm doing this! I vowed I would not be a victim. Today I made my first significant step.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home