Sunday, February 03, 2008

Super Duper...

It's Superbowl Sunday. I look forward to this usually because of the commercials. That's because my team never makes it to the game.

This year I made mascarpone cheesecake with dulce de leche sauce, triple chocolate brownies, and strawberry marshmallows. (Yeah, marshmallows from scratch. That's what I said!) It's going to be a fun Superbowl party, regardless of the game's outcome, or however many political ads take away from the actually entertaining ads.

Play ball!

 

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 4:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I come to your house for the Superbowl? Particularly if you're making that cake again! :D

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

OMG. I am so totally coming to your house someday too! :oO

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Aww! Aren't you guys sweet! Well, the cheesecake recipe was one I found on epicurious.com. Just look for "mascarpone cheesecake with dulce de leche sauce and candied pecans" and it will pop up, usually the second recipe. Every time I've made it it's gotten rave reviews. It's amazingly easy. The crust tastes like pecan sandies (yum), and the dulce de leche sauce is good on more than just the cheesecake -- Rick won't put it on that, in fact, but he likes it on the brownies, and at Thanksgiving he put it on apple pie. This one's a keeper recipe. Tastes better than it sounds. Really.

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Found and saved for a future date! Thank you! (If anyone else saves this recipe, make sure you click on the links for the candied pecans and dulche de leche parts too.)

By the Rebecca, have I mentioned I'm dieting? Your blog? NOT HELPING! ;) :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home