Monday, July 14, 2008

my new favorite sports channel obsession

Dear Setanta Sports Live:


I love your selection. Really. You're in my favorite bar, and you tear me away from my beloved baseball every time. Nevermind that we usually are in that bar to watch baseball, because we don't have cable or satellite at home. No other sports network has ever had such a mesmerising hold on me. Nature really *DOES* trump nurture.


But here's the thing.


Muscle shirts + knee socks = World's. Stupidest. Look. EVER!


Seriously. What were you thinking? I have gay friends who look at that and say, "Honey, that's gayer than *I* wanna look!"


So it really doesn't matter what sport you're showing: Aussie rules football; rugby; piles of rough-housing men mindlessly cheered on by beery football hooligans-all of whom doing what they're doing for no apparent reason (OK, not an actual sport... YET...); they ALL look like they're wearing outfits left over from toddlerhood.


I realize the players' collective manhoods (menhood?) would be severely compromised by the introduction of protective gear. Consider taking some inspiration from the worlds of martial arts or comic books.

 

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home