Saturday, August 16, 2008

MS GREAT-8



This guy -- Mike Zimits -- and his organization, MS Great-8, is BRILLIANT. He and his friend Cat organize riders to join them on eight other NMSS fund-raising rides during the course of a calendar year to raise funds for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. The money raised will stay local, even though the ride is not.

For example, I live in Cleveland, but would love to ride in the NYC event. Funds raised to participate in that event would be sent in to the Ohio Buckeye Chapter, and I get the benefit of meeting all sorts of riders from way out east.

Did I say benefit???? My benefit today was to ride part of the way with these very fine people. I am humbled by their charity, I am overwhelmed by their friendship!! What warmth.

Plus, they very generously donated $10,000 to our own Buckeye Chapter.

Good people are a delight to find.

 

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home