Wednesday, September 17, 2008

It's 80s Music Night at Lava in Tremont

Hard, actually, to come to terms with high school tunes spun by a hip-ish 20something in a knockoff Stooges (the punk group, not the über funny nebbischer menschen Moe, Curly, Shemp, Larry - - was there a 5th Stooge? Perhaps that was Us.) t-shirt. I am more than the sum of some zit-addled kid's idea of what the good-old-days might have been. I've already been there.


I did that myself with the Beatles specifically and the British Invasion in general for a while, then specialized a bit in Pre-Baroque and English Madrigals. See what a dork I am? Yeeeaaahhh.


So.


Here I am sitting in my fave Tremont bar with Rick and Dan, contemplating these kick-ankle tunes by Depeche, Echo, the Cure, we'll ignore Rick Astley, Talking Heads, Falco (!?!), BERLIN!!!, so many others.


The conversation was so good. Adding to that the fact to that we all are reconnecting with our high school friends via Facebook. So these tunes are already on the tips of our brains.


What a pleasant evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home