Thursday, November 13, 2008

I'm late with this post. Wait...

...no, I'm not going to say it (you know where I was going, though, right???). I AM going to post a silly web comic, because when something sad or scary happens, I take comfort in humor. And this week something sad happened, so here's the silly before the big sad:

Subscribe to Doug Savage's daily insanity-on-a-sticky-note HERE.



Herb Score in 1958, from The Cleveland Plain Dealer
Tuesday morning Cleveland learned we lost a local sports giant. Herb Score, Indians pitching great and radio voice of the Tribe for decades, passed away at the age of 75.

He'd been retired since 1997, so we've been without his voice as a broadcaster for over a decade. Still, it seems a little less Cleveland-y right now.


Herb at Jacobs Field (now Progressive Field) in August, 2005 from MLB.com.

Enjoy your Endless Field of Dreams, Herb. I hope you get to pitch one now and again.

 

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home