Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The Perfect Christmas Gift

Sweeney Todd? For ME??? (ahem. Click it. It's a live link. Everything underlined here is.)

For CHRISTMAS?!!??!!!

Omigoodness. You shouldn't have.

But I'm so glad you did! It's sooooo perfect!! I mean, it fits and everything!

And it's loaded with everything I like: Tim Burton and Johnny Depp and Alan Rickman and Sacha Baron Cohen and Helena Bonham Carter and true crime fictionalized set to music!

How often is it that cannibalism gets its own musical? Don't get me wrong, I have wider interests than that, and I'm certainly not a practitioner -- all together: ewww!!! -- but it IS a fascinating subject. Mention it to a roomful of 5th graders and you'll have their attention for the rest of the day (ask me how I know). Include it in a comic book, or Arthur Conan Doyle/Stephen King/Michael Crichton novel or sci-fi/horror genre, and you'll have a best seller.

Fabulous. Bring out your dead? Get a hair cut, maybe a shave. Ring in the holidays!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home