Monday, November 26, 2007

I refuse to buy into this...

Have you heard the ad campaign, "Nothing says 'Happy Holidays' quite like the word 'Duh' ", yet?

In this series of ads this company (to which I will not give more exposure by naming here) replaces the words, ALL of the words, with the universal sound of derision, or 'duh', of a wide variety of Christmas carols. Some of the carols are sacred, some are secular. Every one of these songs is made unspeakably annoying by the unflattering transformation.

Even the visuals of the ad are not lovely. Kaleidoscoped, disembodied, singing heads? Seriously, why? That's not the end of the nightmare. No one in any choir should have to strain that hard to sing the word 'duh'. Not for any reason, certainly not this season. Unless unless said singer is voicing an episode of South Park. At least in that case, we are preserved from having to see the human. Cartman is a funny parody when 'he' strains; real humans are not.

It gives me great pleasure to say that I will never buy the make of car using this wholely irritating ad campaign.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 2:03 PM, Blogger Alyssa, Midenian Scholar said...

Thank you for the very sweet comment on my blog. ^-^ It is incredibly encouraging when someone takes the time to leave a thoughtful praise like that. Thank you again!

Re: Adds - Ha! After reading "My Life in Advertising" (I don't remember the author) my sister and I have a running self-given job of finding good advertisements and bad. I'll keep my eye out for this one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home