Sunday, November 04, 2007

Some Trepidation

Feeling a bit melancholy. Apprehensive. Like I want to use words like 'portentous' or 'abyss'. I feel like this image from our hike a few days ago is particularly ideal for my frame of mind.

I am having surgery on Tuesday, and surgery is always a scary thing. This procedure, however, may not be the end of it, though. It's a lumpectomy. So first I have to get through the surgery, then endure the waiting for the results, then deal with the results.

Interestingly, Tuesday is also Election Day. There's usually some anxiety involved there. Fortunately it's only local offices and issues on the ballot this time, so nerves are only at minimal alert and limited to worrying about the technical execution of the balloting itself. Fingers are crossed, prayers are being said, and there may be a chicken or two on obscure altars, who knows? All I know is that we will be voting before we go to the hospital. It would be irresponsible (and possibly illegal) to vote while still under the effects of anesthesia. ANYWAY...

*sigh* Yes, I think the leaf falling through the autumn air is rather correct for me today.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home