Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Tag! I'm "It"! 7 Random Things About Me

A few days ago, I got 'tagged' for a meme by Leandra, another artist participating in National Blog Posting Month. I looked at her blog. Beautiful drawings and paintings! I recommend checking out her site! Be sure to leave a friendly comment!

According to The American Heritage Dictionary, a meme is:

n. A unit of cultural information, such as a cultural practice or idea, that is transmitted verbally or by repeated action from one mind to another.


And it's a cool meme, so I'm going to play. Here goes! Read along; the rules I followed will be at the end (per the rules), and then I have to find 7 more people's blogs to tag. Like Leandra did with her list, I will make mine as art-specific as I can.

1. I never took any art classes until my second year of college. I was all science and music and English lit, until my archaeology degree required a drawing class. That one tiny 3 tiny credit requirement, during which I executed one drawing of my ski jacket under the influence of one bottle of Bailey's. It changed my life. There's not a type of art I've tried that I don't love. Well, it didn't take the whole bottle.

2. According to my husband, I collect art supplies. That's how he sees it, anyway.

3. What I really collect is old textile equipment. Contact me if you have any submissions! I'd love a drum carder. (shameless, really...)

4. I like the late, great Bob Ross. I secretly imagine "happy little (ANYTHINGS)" all over everything I draw.

5. In art school, we were indoctrinated to disdain Monet. (It's mostly a knee-jerk reflex against having prints of famous art by dead famous people, the originals of which you could never truly hope to afford OR pry off the museum walls where they actually are exhibited, rather than real, original art by not-yet-famous people, whose art is actually in a realistic pricepoint. Support the Arts!) But when I paint and draw using color, I can't help but think, "What Would Claude Do?" And then I do it.

6. Though my degree is a Bachelor of Fine Arts, I have been gainfully employed more years using my science background than my art degree, even though I never finished that part of my degree. I am a legitimate naturalist, though.

7. Hands are a pain in the (ahem) ANKLE to draw. I therefore tend to avoid drawing people. Yep. That's the main reason.

So that's my list of random, odd things about me. They are all true! I hope you enjoyed them. I will add 7 blogs in tomorrow's post. I have to get this posted before midnight.

The guidelines as provided by Leandra:

* Link to the person that tagged you and post these rules on your blog.
* Share 7 random and or weird things about yourself.
* Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
* Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

More tomorrow!

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:06 PM, Blogger leandra said...

Thanks for the lovely words... I have been absent from my art site for a while, but hope to get started up again soon. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home