Friday, December 14, 2007

I anihilated my to do list today

... which means I am too tired for a proper post today. Proper one tomorrow with multiple pics, I promise, and it'll be worth it. Really. Christmas tree. No kidding.

That was one of the things I nailed today, too! There was no hint of Christmas in our home when we got up this morning. Right now there's a tree, all lit and decorated, complete with hand-quilted skirt at the base. (No, I didn't make the tree skirt. Certainly not today. I'm not Martha Stewart, I don't have a staff and neither am I a human corporation. The tree skirt was a gift from my great-aunt, who totally lives up to her name.) On the mantle is the manger scene, with a few elements added: a Chinese jade tree, several extra angels, one of which is a basenji angel. I realize that's playing against breed, but to know a basinji is to believe in the potential for 'angel' in the face of things.

Anyway! Where was I? Oh yeah. Bashed in the head because I've been screaming up and down the stairs all day, working on 5 art projects for 3 different recipients and 2 other projects for 2 other OTHER recipients, plus cleaning and decorating and talking to the radio (Science Friday requires a constant dialogue) and getting ready to bake cookies. That, realistically, won't be happening til next week, as I have Lilian Tyrrell's memorial to attend at Spaces Gallery tomorrow afternoon. If there's time, there's a Lucia Day celebration back here in Cleveland Heights, but I'm not counting on it.

This was the kind of to do list that included "eat something, you bonehead" more than once on it. In a snarky way, like: "No. Not that. Eat something better than saltines." I reminded myself to drink water, too, since I've been waking up with headaches that are probably dehydration-related. Criminy!!! Vitamins. That's one for tomorrow's list.

*sigh*

Phew.

Time for bed.

Pictures tomorrow. I won't forget.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home