Thursday, January 24, 2008

Seven Up! Plus One Bonus!

I've been Tagged for a meme!

Well, sorta. Full disclosure: My friend (she's an invisible friend; more on that later) Melissa from Part of Everything posted a voluntary meme on her blog. She got tagged, and tagging others was part of the rules of the meme. (It usually is.) But she didn't want other feeling obligated, so she asked for volunteers. I volunteered. I'm tagged. Now I'm it.

So here's the deal:

The Rules
~ Link to the person who tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
~ Share 7 random and/or weird things about yourself.
~ Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
~ Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Ready? Rebecca's 7 Random Things

1. We had Fisher Price Little People on our wedding cake. And a reference to a chicken. And Fisher Price Little People chickens. All on our wedding cake.

2. We have an antique player piano. No one's allowed to play it. EV.ER. I mean it. And yet the cats obstinately refuse to respect my ahthorita'. On a daily basis. Yes, the cover's closed.

3. We don't have cable. We don't have satellite. We have 'rabbit ears' on our tv. We do watch tv (actual tv, not just tv hooked up to a dvd player), we are not 'reality tv' fans. And yet, life doesn't suck. (But I really miss Life, Bones, and Pushing Daisies.)

4. Speaking of Pushing Daisies, I love LOVE LOVE to knit along with Emerson Cod.

5. There's a village on the other side of the planet where I'm known as Tita Barbie. And it's not an insult (there; we all know it would be here: I'm 5'2", size 14). Of course, Mattel would never let Barbie eat dinu goan and 'duck's last meal', which they proudly fed me, and (armed with the knowledge of what they were before eating them) I gladly ate.

6. I know they exist, because I saw them in both TJMaxx and Burlington Coat Factory. I just can't find them again. I am desperately searching for opaque tights that have a split for the big toe so you can wear them with thong sandals. Socks, too.

7. My hair is waist-length now, and when it gets warmer, I am looking forward to donating it to a charity that will turn it into a wig.
********* (that's a drumroll) ***************************
and the bonus!!! >@< (that's a cymbal crash)

8. Yesterday I posted my first blog post as a member of the technical editorial staff of the online zine, The AntiCraft. You'll have to scroll down to see my post. There have been posts since then. What's The AntiCraft? Well, do you have a talent for fiber arts? (knitting, weaving, crochet, embroidery, even duct tape; but consider going past that and other fine arts crafts) Do you have a slightly warped sense of humor? Or do you have an interest in things outside of the mainstream? (comic books, sci-fi/fantasy, horror movies, RenFaires, punk rock, more) Then this is a good site for you to visit regularly. It suited me. There are knitting and crochet and other craft patterns, there's a forum, a blog, it's an endless font for creative energy, but especially for people who have tastes other than the mainstream. (I'll refer you to my romatic date to see Sweeney Todd. We cuddled and snuggled. Please don't judge me. And, no, if you saw me walking down the street, you wouldn't mistake me for a "freak" (unless you count the earrings). This decade. College would have been a different story. But I still won't wear LLBean on the grounds that the preppy cooties will make all my hair shoot inwards, boiling like spaghetti until my skin bursts.)(*grin*)
______________

Need a few explanations? I'll do what Melissa's doing: 'splain it over the next few days. Or week; who knows what'll come up? (It's been a TIME of late!) See how long things got with that 'bonus'? That's probably all I'll say about #8, unless there are questions. Please don't be shy! Ask, and I'll answer in the comments.

But I think that gets my first part of the meme off and running. Now I have to find some friends who will agree to also volunteer to take up the reins of this wild horse.

a. this one probably will, but I'll ask first
b. I'm not sure about this one
c. I'll check with this one
d. hmmm, don't know if this one has a blog
e. perhaps
f. perhaps
g. perhaps

If you'd like to volunteer, post a message! :-D I'll gladly take volunteers. The fun thing about memes is it's supposed to bulk up your blog traffic. That's kind of nice!

I figured the art stuff was fairly obvious, though I hit some o'that with bonus #8. The nature stuff too. This other stuff hasn't really been addressed as such, so I hope you all enjoy! I'd imagine I'll hear about it one way or another. Make sure you visit Melissa's blog. She's really neat. I love her writing and her generosity of spirit. Read the comments, too! She's got good friends.

Oh -- the 'invisible friend' concept. I have friends who are definitely friends. We have things in common -- values, goals, hobbies, talents, dreams -- but we've never met in person, just via the 'net. Hence the 'invisibility'. It's very poetic, but not my original idea. Another of my invisible friends shared the term with me. I think it's a great description! Invisible: yes, but not absent.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 3:17 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Oooh I'm invisible! :)

Thank you. Those are very nice things to say about me and my blog :)

I think it's pretty funny that I know all about #1 :)

#2: Ooooooh! A PLAYER piano!!!!

#6: do a google search for toe socks, flip flop socks and sandal socks. You'll find some.

#7: I was going to post about that :) Someday... FYI, it only needs to be 10", but longer is fine too (You probably already knew that!)

#8: Congratulations :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home