Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Breast Cancer Inchies


Breast Cancer Inchies
Originally uploaded by sunspotting.



I recently joined a group called Art For Cures. What we do is create as community works of art, which are auctioned off for various charities. In this community creation, we are producing "Inchies", multiples of collages that are inches in scale. One person compiles them all into one unified THING. It's pretty cool. Shown here are my "Inchies" as I finished them as a drawing/collage, then the big picture is once I cut them up (that was hard to start doing!!), and finally, a detail of the uncut image. I'll try to blog later using some of the individual pieces.

This month the theme is "Woman As Goddess", the action is against Breast Cancer, and the charity that will benefit from the auction is the Komen Foundation. I took the challenge in a Paleolithic direction, although you can see one of my pulp heroines figures rather prominently too. I felt the need of some pseudo-Amazonian strength. Don't we all.

Now I just need a good battle cry. Today's the day I have my lumpectomy. Yesterday I finished my inchies. I really feel like I can kick just about *anything* in the ankle...

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is really great, R. Beautiful and strong at the same time! Cool idea for art, the inchies thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home