Monday, November 05, 2007

PreSurgery Jitters (YOGA BREATHS! FAST!)


Earrings OUT! Surgery is tomorrow. In addition to the usual precautions (no food or drink after midnight, no aspirin from 4 days ago), I have to remove all piercings. There are usually 13 earrings distributed across the surfaces of my ears. This is the most metal-free they have been in YEARS (read: there is NO metal in my ears, and I find it very strange).

Oh yeah, and the rings have to come off. I think that can wait til tomorrow just before I go in. I think asking my husband to hold my wedding set will be comforting for both of us. I guess the absense of metal is precautionary in the event of an emergency MRI. Hmm. OR get caught on instruments/clothes during the procedure, causing further injury.

Then again it could always be that spectre of liability: if it's not in the hospital in the first place, no one at the hospital can be sued when you discover it has disappeared!

Nevermind! I'm not going to have that kind of day tomorrow!

But I am a bit nervous and restless today. Wandering around on the World Wide Wait, I discovered that this month is National Blog Posting Month, already in progress, but I'm throwing my hat into the ring anyway! Perhaps because I've only just made the discovery they will waive the previous few days. So stay tuned! I'll be far more present!

I'm also wishing aimlessly wishing there was an 'Advance Sending Corps' of, I don't know, 'anesthesia light' provided on the day before Scary Cutting Open Days!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home