Thursday, November 22, 2007

A Blessed Thanksgiving

Today is Thanksgiving.

It's easy to come up with a topic for today: what am I thankful for? I don't think the whole of the internet has bandwidth enough for me to express my universal gratitude.

I know this makes me guilty of Polyannaism in the worst way. Guilty. I'd rather be guity of that than a lot of other things!

Anyway! I could say I am thankful for health, food, shelter, supportive family... all the usual things. None of which I take for granted, I might add! But today I feel particularly thankful for Companionship.

Rick and I spent our first married Thanksgiving holiday with my Dad (widowed only a few years ago), at the home of his girlfriend Ginny. It is amazingly good to see him genuinely happy again. Isolation is truly a thing to be feared; companionship, a necessity of life. I am most grateful for these warm and loving bonds this year.

We were also delighted to meet one branch of Ginny's very nice family. We found we had quite a bit in common! Such a good day! Oh! And I promised Ginny's granddaughter I would say this: 'Kira had a date!' (She's a bit young, and ever-so-gently freaking out about it...)

We had sooooo much fun.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home