Thursday, November 29, 2007

Just to see if I can do this (and because it's really funny)

I've never attempted a post like this before, but you gotta see this. Pay close attention or you'll miss crucial details. You know the song, but you don't know these performers. And they are LEGION.



Hmm. I just hit the "preview" button, and it looks like it the video stream might actually work. Nice. Um. I think.

I solemnly promise not to abuse this function.

So, I have to know: any ideas what that guy is cooking? The guy who's just dancing, playing with a spoon as opposed to playing THE spoons... I just can't even imagine why that bit is even in there! I'm quite puzzled about that.

My favorites are the flute vs. the Sousaphone and the man who invites the ladies of the audience to sing along, he's so Bill-Murray-in-a-nightclub cheesey. Oh -- and the marching band. How dare I forget a special mention of someone whose greatest desire is to "kill" everyone (he's just so darn cute): The Ninja makes an appearance. "Ask A Ninja" holding a banjo: Awesome. And it's not even shaped like a throwing star.

The finale is fantastic.

Some performers are amazing, some bordering on the dreadful side of mediocre. But they all boldly pick up their instruments and play. Better than that, they proudly share it with others. Hooray!!! More power to them. It truly is entertainment. It will always be a gift. When you juxtapose the sublime with the ordinary, ultimately you get a comedy act. Laughter is a gift, too.

I'm really thankful for goofy humor like this.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home