Saturday, December 15, 2007

This Year We Have a Christmas Tree


Matching Engraved Angel Ornaments We BOTH Received
Originally uploaded by sunspotting.

It's our first year with the tree again since the year Mom died.
grapevine lights and Mom's felt butterfly
I'd pull out ornaments and the boxes of Christmas books, but the pain was unbearable. So back under the eaves they would go.

I don't remember when it was but we both looked at each other and said, "Do you think we could put the tree up this year? Is that manageable?"

We agreed that it was.

I'm glad. It leads to cool things like the Ricky and Becky ornaments.

If you know what's good for you, you will never ever ever in a million billion years EVER call either of us by those names.

But the cool thing about the ornaments is that we both received them as children (hence the diminutive nicknames) so there was no possible knowlege that they would be hanging together on a tree in 2007.

They hung together back in 2003, too; that was the last time we had the tree up. It's nice to have it again. Here are some other views.

Some Ornaments Depict Realism

This is part of the base of the tree.

Our Manger Scene with Lapu Lapu and a Jade Tree and Basenji Angel Guard Dogs
The manger scene (I grew up calling it "manger scene", not creche) at my grandparents' farm had animals added to it every year, and thus had hundreds by the time I reached adulthood. I believe mine should be no different. I added a few angels and my basenji angel and devil ornaments this year. Unconventional is good.
Or You Could Have A Guard Dog THERE
If we can make it the whole Christmas season without the cats pulling the whole thing down, it will be a miracle.


Our Tiny Tree on a Spike

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home