Thursday, November 08, 2007

Breast Cancer Inchies - details


Breast Cancer Inchies - details
Originally uploaded by sunspotting.

As promised: some Woman As Goddess Inchies, in inch square pieces. Here you can see fragments of Wonder Woman, the Venus of Willendorf, and another paleolithic Venus figure that I just love and ended up carving into a rubber stamp. I guess it's technically a vinyl stamp; I used a vinyl eraser. One of the Venus figures I have drawn over and over, too. Cup-and-ring designs from northwestern Europe sites are common in my doodles, and were an appropriate addition to this theme.

The eventual combination of everyone's Inchies will result in a unique artwork that will be auctioned to benefit the Komen Foundation. This is why the color pink was chosen.

I am proud to have participated, and I am honored to have my work combined with that of my fellow Art For Cures companions.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 9:59 PM, Blogger samin said...

the randomizer has brought me here two days in a row, so i guess it's a sign. i'm sending lots of good vibes to combat the lumpectomy and everything that goes with it. best of luck!

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Samin, thank you for your kind thoughts. I am blessed by your consideration! And thank you for reading my blog. Come back any time!

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Renmeleon said...

We are blessed to have you Rebecca. :) Thank you for participating! I am pleased that you got such good news with the lumpectomy. My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you. :::hugs:::

 

Post a Comment

<< Home