Sunday, December 16, 2007

Adventures at Lunchtime

I thought we were done Christmas shopping. I was tragically WRONG.

Roads are bad. Visibility's worse.

We got zero sleep last night because Cleopatra kept having to go outside in the middle of the night, poor little dog.

We just had a lunch to make up for ALL of that at a small restaurant I've never been before called Don Tequila while finishing our Christmas shopping (dear GOD please) during the daily blizzard. (This weekend, every single day's plans have been altered by Mother Nature. It's ok. We're flexible. Um. You know. Except today.)

At the top is what I'll call the Diego Rivera booth. ALL the chairs and booths were similarly carved and painted. Lots of great folk art adorned the whole place. I was in heaven! Oh -- and the food was phenomenal, with low prices. We are SOOOO going back there!
Another Carved Booth
These are two more booths. This one is a picador (the guy on the horse) in a bull ring. It's the seat Rick had, which means I got to look at it for the whole meal. I'm not fond of animal cruelty, so picadores would be a bad thing for my digestion. Not today! This lunch was soooo yummy. Actually, all I noticed at first was "ah... cool carving... mmmmm... food that's good... mmmmm... freshly made salsa... yummy other things... ok, some conversation, but I still have to savor... no time, eat more"; later I noticed the theme above Rick's head.

Booth Decor at AWESOME Mexican Restaurat
This is an agave farmer. I sat in this booth. Rick got to imagine 'baby' tequila while he ate. *ahhhh!* Good times!!! Nah, we didn't drink any. Conditions are really just too bad outside to take any chances! We stuck with iced tea. But we pretended it was tequila. It sure improved our mood for Christmas shopping!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home